If you find an injured squirrel it is critical to keep it warm and as quiet as possible.
1. Place the animal in a secure box or pet carrier (if you use a box please make sure there are enough air holes)
2. Keep the animal warm by providing adequate bedding
- Fleeces provide excellent insulation and may be used as bedding. A towel may also be used
- A hot water bottle, wrapped in a towel or fleece to prevent the squirrel being burnt, will provide an excellent heat source
3. Place the box/pet carrier in a quiet, draught –free room
4. If you are in the Cowal area contact Jan Ferguson on 01369 870346 or Barbara Smith 07704955774, who will collect the animal and take further action.
Alternatively contact Hessilhead Wildlife Rescue Trust
Telephone: 01505 502415 (+44 1505 502415 international)
Address: Hessilhead Wildlife Rescue Trust, Gateside, Beith, KA15 1HT, Scotland
Or contact your local Veterinary Surgery: phone numbers can be found in the Yellow Pages, Phonebook or online.