Excellent day today, lots of lovely people and great support for our Red Squirrels. Many thanks for everyone’s generosity.
Superb day had by all, stalls and visitors alike. Great turnout from the people of Cowal.
Cowal Red Squirrel Group was kindly given a grant from Friends of Loch Lomond and Trossachs, and some of the money has been used to buy this gazebo and a table for our future road shows, giving us vital protection from the weather!
Come along and Join us at Toward Hall for a great day out for all the family. Great opportunity to purchase quality crafts for that special Xmas gift for that special person.
Tea, coffee and cakes will be available on the day to refresh you as you shop.
Tombola and raffle for the wee gambler in you. Great prizes for all!
All funds raised will go directly for the total refurbishment of the hall to enable continued community use.
We look forward to seeing you on the day, look out for updates on our facebook page!
Apologies:- Jackie, Barry, Claire
Present:- Jan, Heather, Barbara, Ailsa
Minutes of the last meeting:- read and agreed
Treasurer’s Report:-. Balance CRSG Account £2,114.8
Petrol Allowance claimed for by Jan – accepted
- Standing Oder Form updated
- Membership certificates with Argyll Printers
- Application form to be updated by Babs
- Agreed new member should receive a free gift of a key ring for joining and a small red squirrel card to be sent as a thankyou note
- At a future date Web site to be set up so that people can join on line
- Benmore Gardens a great success and £264 raised
- Sandbank Gala – It was felt the event was primarily for children and only £59 was raised over the whole day
- Bookpoint Display – Babs and Heather . Advised to arrive at 11.a.m. Jan suggested we try and make it clear the difference between red and greys through the display
- T-SHIRT – Jan bought one for us to look at. Queries re sizing, quality of print. Jan to look into.
- Storage Box for new stuffed squirrel – Babs has taken it Ian at D.I.Y.
- Jan gave a Talk on 20th June Wild Park 2020 Forum about our group – it was very well received – well done Jan
- Purchase of webcam – Jan checked with Friends of Loch Lomond – ok – Heather to go ahead and order one
- Jan gave a talk to SWRI Sandbank – very well received and she raised £38..50 – well done
- Benmore contacted Jan and Squirrel Hide to be installed in next couple of weeks. Asked for donation of peanuts. Agreed to give them 2 sacks Jan to contact Claire re bringing nuts to Benmore. Also thought a good idea to give some peanuts to the shop as they are selling our squirrel boxes. Also agreed we should look to see other areas where peanuts for squirrels might be required eg Ardentinny Walled garden and compile a list as a record– Heather
- Blairmore Hall have asked if we want to attend Craft Fayre on 2nd July – Babs to let them know
- Babs been contacted by Menshed – Vol Group – could make cage if have a rescued squirrel.
- Babs set up a facebook site – babarawildliferescueandrehabdunoon for birds small mammals – brilliant
- Liz from Innellan has let it be known that she has a squirrel trap cage if we should require it at any time – thank you
- Heather to contact Inner Wheel re there Craft Fayre in November as we now have stock that would be very suitable for such an event thanks to Babs
- Jan stated that there would be a Craft Fayre at Toward in the October that we could attend
- Cormonachan Woods (Douglas) have contacted Jan re our Noticeboards as they are hoping to receive planning permission to extend car park and would like to put one of our Boards up. To be decided if we donate or cover part of the costs
AGM – Tuesday 20th September at Ballochyle House 7p.m.
Jan thanked everyone for attending
It was agreed that the date for the next meeting would be decided at a later date..