Minutes Meeting CRSG 18/11/2015

Apologies:-   Jackie, Ailsa, Barry

Present:-   Jan, Heather, Barbara,Eleanor

Minutes of the last meeting:- read and agreed

Treasurer’s Report:-.

 

  1. Friends of Loch Lomond have once again generously given us a grant of £500 towards A Gazebo, Display Table, Banner and Stuffed red squirrel. Jan to order items
  2. Jan and Heather met with the new SSRS officer – Claire McInroy . She was extremely helpful and enthusiastic and we all look forward to working with her
  • Heather reported that Toward Craft Fayre had been a success for CRSG and we made £142.55 after paying for Table
  • Yearly Plan for 2015/16

 

It was decided to concentrate on the following :-

  • Complete installing red squirrel noticeboards throughout Cowal
  • Revamp our CRSG leaflet, Feeder Sheet and Mandate Form – priority for next meeting
  • Purchase and encourage the public/community use of display Plastic Road Signs. An information leaflet to be provided re sighting and Local Authority Roadside requirements
  • Develop public awareness of reporting red squirrel sightings onto SWT web site
  • Website Training to members of the committee by Jackie
  • Suitable events for Amber
  1. Red Squirrel Box Sales – going well. Jan sold quite a few from own Home
  2. New Members – 6
  3. Website Update – see attached sheet from Jackie
  4. New Stock – Stock running low. Agreed to put aside £300 for Babs to acquire new stock

AOB

  • Inner Wheel Craft Fayre had asked why we hadn’t taken a stall. It was suggested that we offer Amber to meet and greet visitors for a small donation or in leu of paying for stall
  • Heather reported that the COOP grant application had been refused
  • Jan told us that the Vets have been looking after an injured squirrel (head injury) for 3 weeks from Fairy Glen and that it would be due for release soon. Suggested an article be put in the paper.
  • Everyone decided they would like to have a post Christmas Meal at The Villagers Royal on Saturday 16th January at 1p.m. Heather to book.

 

Jan thanked everyone for attending

It was agreed that the date for the next meeting would be decided at the post Christmas meal